Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

CHANEL LE VERNIS IN 'MAGIC' FROM VOGUE FASHION NIGHT OUT 'NUIT MAGIQUE COLLECTION'

Colour & Finish
Magic is a dark cerulean or close to a midnight blue with the slightest green tinge. The finish is extremely glossy. I love the colour. :)

Consistency & Application
In contrast to 'Cosmic' (the other nail polish released for the same collection - reviewed HERE), I found Magic to be thicker in consistency (thicker than most Chanel nail polishes). It makes it fairly easy to get an opaque finish, but you need at least 2 coats to get an even coverage. My only big issue is that it bubbles quite a bit, which is a real shame! :( You can see all the horrible bubbles in the photos below. I've never had that happen from a Chanel nail polish before!  Grrr...  Not sure if it's just the bottle I got or it happens to all of them. /:-\

On My Nails
On my nails below, I applied 2-3 fairly thick coats of Magic (no base or top coat).  For reference, I have medium, olive (~NC30) skin tone, and photographed indoors using a strobe.
Packaging
Like the rest of Chanel's nail polishes, it comes in a square-shaped glass bottle. The top cap comes off and is handy to rest your finger tip on during application. :)
The brush applicator is thin allowing precise application of the nail polish. 

Comparison Swatch
Below is a comparison between Magic and the closest shade I have - also from Chanel and was released from the VFNO two years ago, called Blue Rebel.  As you can hopefully see in the photo, the latter is two to three shades lighter and more of a muted/denim dark blue (i.e., leans more blue) in person.
All Chanel nail products are formaldehyde-free, toluene-free and DBP-free.

Overall
I personally found 'Magic' to be a little more flattering, beautiful and interesting shade compared to 'Cosmic' against my olive skin tone.  I might be a little biased though coz blue is my favourite colour. ;) Despite the nasty little bubbles that form upon application, I will probably still wear it often, because I love the colour so much and I don't have an exact dupe of it with quite the same depth.  It's a great alternative to black and would look good on many skin tones.  If you don't have a shade already like this and are keen to get it, do try it in store first to see if it bubbles as it may just be the bottle I received.  Do let me know down in the comments if you got this and experienced the same problem or not.  Would love to know!

Availability
I purchased this back when it was released as one of two limited edition nail polishes for Vogue Fashion Night Out in September in Australia.  (See my review of the other nail polish 'Cosmic' here).  It was exclusive to Chanel Makeup Studio in Myer, Sydney.  Contact them to see if they have any more left in stock - you never know.  Also, I found that previous VFNO nail polishes were then re-released as part of the permanent collection not long after, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is also the case this year.  Do keep an eye out if you're interested! ;)  For those in the USA - you're in luck, coz the collection has just been released!


Hope this was helpful.


Thanks for stopping by! ^_^ xo


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar