Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Nip + Fab Products

Words Remain by Moderator
A friend recommended trying Nip + Fab (owned by Rodial) products for my skin and eventually, after some research brought on by her intense mild pressing, I did.

 Hmm, so what are my thoughts on Nip + Fab? ...

NIP + FAB Glycolic Cleanser
This is my second bottle and as you can see its completely finished. So, you could say that I'm pretty familiar with this product and yes you'd be right
Nip + Fabs Glycolic Cleanser has a grapefruit scent which actually made me very wary because in the past citric face washes/foams have dried out my skin and caused my face to break out into an uncomfortable, painful and embarrassing rashes. Thankfully, this cleanser had no ill effects and after testing it out for a week I decided to buy backups and gift a few to family members who suffer from skin issues. Whilst I have not heard back any raves, I can see for myself that when used the skin does look brighter and more even. This cleanser creates a gentle foam when applied to damp skin and I haven't found it drying/irritating and I don't think it's ever severely stung my eyes (unlike my new face wash). I'd recommend this to those who want a cleanser that will not make your skin feel and looked stripped, removes makeup (or traces) well and works as a mild chemical exfoliant (advised to use sunscreen). 
Price: Usually retails for £7.95 but, every now and then goes on offer for 1/2 price or less (currently £3.85 and out of stock online - figures).

Any more info? Over time I found my backup cleanser turned from clear to cloudy which I guess is from temperature change/exposure to heat as this change occurred around the time I continuously left it in the bathroom where it became exposed to a lot of heat, humidity and possible water intake from sliding off a shelf into the sink (whoops). Despite this physical change, I still found the cleanser worked just as effective so if this happens with your bottle - don't worry. 

NIP + FAB Glycolic Scrub
Scrub a dub dee
Skin people aka dermatologists/aestheticians/skincare fanatics who have great skin because of their fanaticism etc. don't really like physical face scrubs. Why? Well because they are so abrasive they can cause microscopic tears in the skin that could lead to inflammation, infection, and loosen the elastin in the skin if you aggressively and continually misuse them. In other words, a face scrub, in the long run, could make ya start to look real old real quick. Since I don't think everyone desires to add  10 years let alone 20 years to their facial age from their morning routine, it would be wise to take the time to get to know when, how and why a physical facial scrub may be used and or desired. If you ask a "face person" about physical scrubs they'd say save them for your feet but, my personal advice is to commit to your own research about physical exfoliants and whether or not you will or won't use them. Some facial scrubs are less abrasive and even have chemical exfoliants included. Confused? Here are some links to help: The Gold RX - Exfoliation & Gothamista - Deciem The Ordinary AHA (acids for exfoliants) - These two YouTubers have great information about skincare so feel free to watch more vids! Oh and here's an article even I have yet to deeply look through.
The scrub of dreams or nightmares?
Personally, whilst I don't exfoliate my skin every day - I do exfoliate according to how my skin feels or at least every 2 weeks. I really like gritty scrubs that really smooth the skin which just like my love for hot water is once again a skincare enthusiast's worst nightmare. Yet, I am very careful to not use it when suffering from a breakout or too frequently. Nip + Fabs' glycolic scrub really smooths my skin, it has a super fine grit and only a little is needed to leave my skin feeling amazingly smooth and soft. Just don't get any into your eyes as its rather painful! This scrub also has glycolic acid just like the cleanser so along with physical exfoliating it also does so chemically. Thus, I tended to use this or the cleanser alone, if I wanted a scrub so as to not over exfoliate my skin. I really love this product and I'm still on my first tube despite finishing two Nip + Fab cleansers. If you like really gritty facial scrubs or you're a skincare enthusiasts out for a really good foot scrub - this is great!
Price: £9.95 for 75mls (on sale around £4.85 at Superdrug)

Nip + Fab Matte Liquid Lipstick in 50 Brownie
Brownie
The first time I saw Nip + Fab makeup was bittersweet - on the one hand I was very impressed with the look, shade range, and product arrangement but, on the other hand, I was on a makeup ban. Thus, when I was free to purchase a few treats I chose to try out this promising looking liquid lipstick for dark skin.
1. Bare lips 2. Wet application 3. Dried down. The lighting changed as I waited for it to dry down so that explains the warm to cool transition in the picture/skin.
Despite Brownie being marketed as a "reddish brown shade", on me it is a cool deep ashy greyish brown which is very similar to NYX Lip Lingerie in Beauty Mark. This liquid lipstick has a matte look but is not kiss proof or powdery to the touch when dry. Instead, the texture is soft and slightly tacky but, not sticky. The chemical gone-off scent is awful but bearable and dissipates during application. This is a very dark skin friendly nude lipstick if you're after a greige toned nude similar to what Mac lipstick in Stone looks like on dark skin ... Initially, when I first tried it I was all out disappointed (colour, formula, smell) but, since then my feelings towards it has changed as I now can appreciate its cool toned beauty. It's not the worst liquid lipstick I've tried but, I was expecting greater things. My greatest tip for anyone wishing to purchase a Nip + fab liquid lipsticks is to get it on offer.
Price: £7.95 (I think I got this for £3.95 on sale)


Nip + Fab Travel Palette in Medium/Dark
Kinda looks like a pill (?)
I was really intrigued by this monochrome palette that and simple shades in this travel palette that was geared toward "medium and dark" skin and after swatching this palette in the store it soon became obvious to me that this palette would inevitably and eventually be mine. Whilst I am not I'm not really that into contouring - I do think that when done correctly it can really enhance the bone structure and natural beauty of a face. I decided to experiment and see if this palette would actually work on my skin tone or if a simple contouring palette like this for darker skin was just too good to be true.
Traveling
The Medium/Dark palette has 3 shades Sunbeam - a golden highlighter, Vixen - a deep pink blush and Truffle - a neutral to warm contour. The colour description on the back is a tad confusing as it doesn't match to each pan turned over but how you see them frontwards (weird, no?) but, at least the website explains it all. Each shade is silky smooth and applies really nicely on the skin. I was actually surprised by how Truffle worked on my dark skin as a perfect natural contour shade which isn't too dark or light! The blush is a great shade to add colour to the cheeks and the highlight is so natural and pretty! I'm actually surprised that many have not discovered the virtue of this palette but, then again I'm not as its nowhere near the modern strong, dramatic and popular highlighting/contouring techniques that many makeup lovers have come to adore. Hence, Nip + Fab has this at a neverending sale price of £4.95! This palette would be great for makeup newbies, those who like a natural blush and highlight that's more a candlelight than a spotlight. Needless to say for me - this really is a travel palette worth traveling with!
Price: normally £9.95 (I think I got it for £7.95)
Pictures using the travel palette! Contour, blush, and highlight.
So there you have it - all the things I bought and own from Nip + Fab. I'd say it was an eventful adventure and I'm glad my friend recommended the range to me!

Skincare manufactured in the UK
Makeup made in China (PRC)

Have you tried any Nip + Fab Products?
Do you use face scrubs?
What's your favourite skincare product?
Do you like contouring and or highlighting?

Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated!

    Yorum Gönder

    0 Yorumlar