Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Sometimes Lost Art of Customer Service

So, I try to keep my blog super positive and happy but today, I need to vent but just a little.

Last night, I visited my local Sephora in the hopes of finally buying the Rouge Artist Intense #42 satin lipstick by Make Up For Ever. Last week on my lunch break, I went into the store and saw the tester display showing all 50 colors. However, the store only had about 40% of colors available for purchase. I asked one of the sales associates when the rest of the colors were coming in and she informed me the store gets their shipments on Tuesday. I thanked her and left.

Well, last night I was very disappointed. Not only were the lipsticks' stock still incomplete, the two sales associates I had the misfortune of interacting with left a bad taste in my mouth. I was polite on the outside, but I was literally fuming on the inside!

As I was looking for the #42 shade, a male associate said "Hello and welcome back." He asked me if I needed anything and as I was asking, "Do you know when the rest of the stock is...." He just walked away in the middle of my question.  He simply walked off and helped someone else. I was appalled.

When another sales associate came by, I asked her the same question and she said, "We did get the shipment but it is in the back and we are not sure if the shade you want is even in there." I simply responded with, "Okay, thank you." I was nice and patient but I wanted to scream.

Unlike the first associate, the young woman was polite but she really did not seem interested in helping me further. She could have said, "Please check back tomorrow or if you like, one of us can call you if your desired shade is here and we can then hold it for you."  I worked in retail and customer service for many years and I did this often for customers.

I am just baffled by the lack of service at this Sephora. There are some wonderful associates I have interacted with there but most of them seem "out to lunch."

However, at the larger Sephora location in Tysons Corner (which is further away), the associates there are all AMAZING! They are helpful, kind, and you can tell they love what they do. From now on, I am only going to the Tysons location or the one in New York or Vegas.

So, if this happened to you, what would you do? Have you ever had a bad customer service experience?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar